What is life without piping hot pizzas, crispy chicken burgers, and cheese dripping potato fries? But what does this kind of food make you? The answer is …probably slow and heavy.
Now I’m not saying that foods that have a high-fat amount are always bad.The effect that food has on your body depends on multiple factors such as your body type, your constitution, the combination of carbs-proteins-fats in your food, the amount you eat, your activity level, etc. There is a special kind of diet that enables you to consume foods rich in fat, without letting you gain weight.
Keto or ketogenic diet is high fat and very low carb eating plan, and therefore it might be a little tough to start. The keto diet makes your body go through the process of ketosis. This is what happens when your body’s carb-burning switch flips to a fat-burning one, a change that can cause two things: weight loss and controlling type 2 diabetes. It is said to have multiple other health benefits.
Keto diet includes foods such as:
- Meats – fish, chicken, beef, lamb, poultry, eggs, etc.
- Leafy greens – spinach, kale, etc.
- Above ground vegetables – broccoli, cauliflower, etc.
- High-fat dairy – hard cheese, cream, butter, etc.
- Nuts and seeds
Keto diet has proven to be very beneficial. Some of the well-known benefits of the diet are:
- The diet can be used as a treatment protocol for diabetes.
- It can help regulate hunger and craving control.
- You might be able to burn more fat during a workout.
- It can also help improve problems like PCOD and fertility issues.
- It can improve your skin health in a lot of ways.
- It also helps in improving cholesterol.
Keto diet can work wonders if done in the correct way. It makes you realize that in order to lose weight, it is not important to cut on the fat, the main thing you need to cut down is carbs and you will be good to go!
We recommend you consult your physician before starting on the Keto diet.