The name of this particular asana comes from Lord Natraj or the Lord of dance. It is considered the most graceful yoga pose.
Steps to do a proper Natarajasana:
- Stand in a mountain position. Shift your weight on your right foot, bend your knee, and hold your ankle with your right arm.
- Raise your left arm over your head. Gently push your right leg into your hand and raise your toes towards the ceiling until your thigh is parallel to the floor or higher.
- Relax the shoulders and breathe. Gently release down.
There are a lot of benefits that Natarajasana provides us. Some of them are:
- It provides deep relaxation to the body.
- It stretches your spine and abdominal region.
- It helps in reducing stress and anxiety.