The position resembles a wheel or chakra and hence the name. This is the base pose of other similar positions.
How to do a well-balanced Chakrasana:
- Lay down on the flat ground or yoga mat and place your hands directly under your knees, parallel to your hips.
- Bring the hands behind your shoulder towards your head with your palms facing inward towards you.
- Squeeze your elbows together and press down on your hands.
- Lift yourself by lifting the arms and stretching the legs. Press the chest and forward and extend the arms.
- Slowly retrieve back to your normal position.
Chakrasana provides various benefits:
- It helps people suffering from asthma, back pain, and migraines.
- It is said to cure infertility.
- It improves the functioning of the heart and chest.