Salabhasana is known highly for strengthening the back and in the form of a stretching exercise. It is quite popular and a particularly easy asana.
Following are the steps to do a proper Salabhasana:
- Lie down on your stomach with your chin touching the ground.
- Place your hands beside your torso and place your big toes inwards.
- Raise your head, chest, and legs from the ground as far as possible.
- Tighten the muscles of buttocks and stretch your thigh muscles.
- Bring your shoulder blades as close as possible and stretch your legs.
- Breathe deeply as you hold the position for at least 10-15 seconds.
- Slowly retrieve back to your normal position.
Some of the benefits that Salabhasana provides us are:
- It strengthens your lower body muscles.
- It brings more flexibility to the body.
- It helps in improving digestion.