Sirsasana or Headstand is proclaimed to be the king of asanas. It is amongst the most beneficial asanas. It is one such yoga asana that is practiced all around the world.
How to do a proper headstand:
- Place your forearms on the mat in such a way that you are on all your fours.
- Interlock your fingers and make a triangle with your forearms and head.
- Place the crown of your head in between the triangle, right on top of the floor, and back of your skull right up against your hands.
- Crow your feet under and walk your feet in towards your body. Remember your hips must directly align with your shoulders.
- Slowly stretch your legs high up in the air. one at a time till both legs are up. Hold the position as long as you can, without strain.
- Then slowly lower your legs in reverse order.
This is the correct way of doing Sirsasana. Do not exert or put too much pressure on yourself. You wouldn’t want to hurt your head or back, in the process.
These are the benefits that Sirsasana provide us:
- It increases blood circulation and oxygen supply to your brain.
- It is very helpful in reducing headaches.
- It also helps in relaxing and battling stress.