Bhujangasana gets its name from its position. While doing Bhujangasana, your body takes the form of an attacking cobra, and that is how it has earned its name.
How to do it:
- Here are the steps to follow to do a proper Bhujangasana :
- Lie flat, tighten your core, and straighten your arms to push your chest up.
- Pull your shoulders back, tighten your shoulder blades, and tilt your head towards the ceiling to open your chest.
- Try to stretch out as far as you could without moving your body below the waist.
- Hold the position for at least 30 seconds and slowly relax your body back.
- You could try this activity multiple times with gradually increasing the time limit as well.
Benefits that Bhujangasana provides us:
- Bhujangasana helps in strengthening chest muscles.
- It increases blood circulation in our body.
- It helps in reducing stress and anxiety.