It is the most basic and widely done yoga pose. It provides rest to your muscles and restores its strength. It mainly works on your lower back and calms your body.
In other words, it can be called “flipped over Savasana”
How to do it:
Follow these steps to do the Adho Mukh Savasana correctly-
- Get on the floor on your knees and palms. Place your knees below your hips. Your hands should be a little forward from your shoulders. Spread your palms and index fingers parallel to your chest and stretches your toes.
- Now lift your hips towards the ceiling and stretch your shoulders. Stretch your hips higher while straightening your knees. Push your quadriceps out and place your heel on the floor.
- Press strongly on your palms and push them downwards, straining your shoulder blades. Stretch your shoulders out and focus your eyes on the floor
- Now bend your knees to relax your pose.
Let’s take a look at what benefits does Adho Mukh Savasana provide us:
- Adho Mukha Savasana helps in promoting digestion.
- It strengthens our arms and leg muscles
- It helps in relieving mental stress
- It keeps control of high blood pressure